Digital Marketing Director
The Director of Marketing is a business leader who communicates and works with the Founder/CEO to develop the marketing plan and is responsible for the marketing roadmap.
The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of marketing principles, with a foundation in direct response marketing, as well as fluency in modern tooling and data management. You are detailed, technical, and highly analytical in your approach.
Lead 3 primary areas
You’re excellent at online ad spend management, as well as helping scale content engines (we have a growing database of blogs, books, podcasts, etc)
- Scaling paid revenues by efficiently allocating media spend through Facebook Ads, SEM, and Podcast Sponsorships
- Building and testing new funnels, offers, creatives, and audiences
- Building systems and processes to scale our current content efforts
You love the power of a data driven system
- Scope and build the reporting infrastructure to analyze qualitative and quantitative data into actionable insights (LTV, cash pay back, channel ROAS targets, and more)
- Work on the website to help increase revenues per visitor, engagement, and free trials created.
Growth Management Responsibilities
As the marketing leader at the company, you will be responsible for contractor management, reporting, budgeting and goal setting,
- Identifying/vetting/hiring/on-boarding/training new team members & agency partners
- Crafting the budgeting process that is used to track, measure performance, and allocate the marketing budget for each channel
- And all the other processes required to scale a growth team (marketing automation, helping with channel analytics & experiments, goal setting, etc)
Who you are:
- Customer obsessed. You are constantly on the search to learn more about your customers and prospects. Empathize with them, understand their goals, pains, needs, and wants. You love learning what helps our customers succeed, and strive to empower them to reach their goals.
- Detailed and Data driven. You love testing and iterating your way to your goals.
- You’ve worked with small companies (tech startups ideal but not mandatory). You’re used to doing more with less, finding creative ways to resolve an issue with a simple solution, and making sure you have team agreement along the way,
- Smart, resourceful, passionate, curious, and compassionate.
- 5+ years experience as Director of Marketing or equivalent role/function
- Working knowledge of data analysis and online marketing metrics
- Proficient in online marketing automation and testing software
- Ability to work strategically with management team to drive quarterly and yearly goals
Optional: BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MA will be a plus.
- Competitive vision, medical, and dental insurance
- Non match 401K
- Take as you need it vacation and sick days
- Vested stock options
Jetpack Workflow exists to enable people to do their best work. We do so by solving painful problems for small to medium-sized accounting firms. Our core product (of the same name) is a SaaS application that helps thousands of accountants in 17+ countries handle client work and deadlines. We’re backed by 30+ investors and have been passionately growing since our first hires in 2016. We seek to live out our values:
- Leave it better than you found it
- Default to Action
- Stay on Target
- Serve with Humility
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: This role is based in Pittsburgh, PA